Brief History About LEDs
LEDs were manufactured by an engineer in America in the late 1900s, called Nick Holonyak. In the initial years, inventions had just been started at the basic levels and it was not even near what we have today in LEDs. Early models mainly comprised of red diodes and they were unable to display any colors in their images. It was the late 1980s when the first fully-functional LED gave the video walls life. What is LED Screen? LED Screen/ Video Wall has an array of pixels that combine to display images. These solutions are quite effective and are used in video walls and digital display signage. Indoor Outdoor Video Wall Rental in Dubai is easily available for advertising, meeting, and schools.
5 Key Components of LEDs:
- SMD LED–individual packages of the 1R1G1B
- Module– PCB that contains a series of SMD LEDs, Driver ICs, and other components
- Cabinet – physical housing, typically die-cast aluminium or carbon fiber
- Power supply – on-board or off-board source of power
- Video Distance – combination controller and receiver car (scan board)
Some Core Concepts About LED Screen/Video Walls
There are some core concepts that you should know about in your first video wall, which might be modular or mobile.
- Image Clarity per pixel pitch: Pixel pitch is a crucial feature of your led displays. It tells us about the distance between the centres of two adjacent pixels. When we talk about this feature as well as the screen size, we get to know about the resolution and pixel density. It tells us about the viewing distance. As the pixel pitch keeps on increasing, the distance between the screen gets sharper. If you are looking for a smart advertising solution for your business then you can rent an outdoor led display in Dubai with us. In the case of business conferences and meeting, indoor led display in Dubai can be rented for a few days.
- IP Rating: IP Rating tells us about how well the LED Screen protects itself from all kinds of external conditions that can be harmful to the device. Every piece of LED equipment is dust as well as water-resistant. This IP rating tells about the level of protection. These outdoor LED displays are safe to use outdoor because these are highly durable. LED screens are best for Outdoor LED Signage in Dubai.
- LED vs. LCD Displays: These parameters are important when you consider LEDs & LCDs – environment, physical location, design flexibility, viewing distance, content, and the mounting structure, simplicity in maintenance, image quality, ease of installation, physical footprint, fills factor, and reliability. The LEDs are the clear winners in all the parameters since they are more flexible and can provide 24×7 performances.
- Refresh Rate: Refresh rate tells us how many times per second the screen displays data. It can sometimes be misinterpreted as frame rate but they are different values. For example, if the video frame rate is 24 fps and the refresh rate is 48 Hz, it means that every frame will be displayed twice. Usually, the minimum refresh rate is 400 Hz.
- Brightness: Brightness is important as you need to know the causes behind various lighting conditions when you use your Indoor LED Screen in Dubai. The higher the nits (screen brightness unit), the brighter is the screen.
Production Process Of The LED Sign
LED signs have a very simple manufacturing process. The basic ingredients in the manufacturing of LEDs are semiconductors – Gallium and Indium. The most important part of the production process is how these elements are arranged to displace the pixels to create attractive, visible, and moving images. Since there are many different types of screen sizes according to the display content, video duration, or quality, there are many Digital Signage Supplier in Dubai. However, for every requirement, managers have to discuss it vividly before finalizing the production offer.
Phases in the Production Process
Phase 1: Classification of Digital Displays
It is always necessary to know where and how the LED Display going to be used. Then, only LED Display Screen Suppliers Dubai can move towards the order. There are three parameters for classification – Display site (Indoors, Outdoors), Colors (Single, Dual, Full), and Function (Graphical, Digital, Hybrid). Other parameters include pitch, image quality, resolution, and LED Encapsulation.
Phase 1: Technical Features
The paramount technical requirements in any particular screen production order are:
- Brightness: Light emitted per square meter or nits (standard for measuring luminosity).
- Angle of vision: It is the horizontal and vertical angle w.r.t. the perpendicular view of the screen. The horizontal angle vision is 120 to 160 degrees while the vertical range is 90 to 160 degrees.
- Contrast: Ratio between the best probable densities present on black & white screens. A higher ratio signifies higher color tones for display.
- Refresh Frequency: LEDs going on and off are not visible to the naked eye. Therefore, it is measured by a term called refresh rate measured in Hz.
- Color Temperature: Shows how the white screen looks in different lights. Three types are: warm, neutral, and cold.
- Vision Distance: Distance to be measured for distinct vision.
Phase 2: Manufacturing
The digital display manufacturer receives the customized design and thus the display production starts. This was basic about LED screens, if you are looking for a Digital Signage Supplier in Dubai who can offer you a variety of LED screens at a reasonable cost, you are on the right page. Call us now to get the rental price!